Sunday, February 18, 2007

SP10 Questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I LOVE merino, alpaca and silk. I also like the cotton blends that have come out recently like Classic Elite Premier and Berroco Touche. Needless to say that I also love Cashmere. I absolutely do not like acrylic. I tend to stick to natural fibers and rayon. I love hand dyed yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a shaker box that says "knitting needles" on it that I bought at a home goods store. I keep meaning to make a nice fabric case for my better wood needles and I bought the fabric to do so. I keep my double points in a round stand-up wine bottle gift box! I need something for my circulars which remain in their original packages crammed in the box with the straights!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since I was 10 years old which is over 30 years! I would consider myself to be advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wish list! You can find the link on my sidebar!

5. What's your favorite scent?
That's a tough question! I like natural scents as I find artificial ones to be overwhelming! I like the smell of cinnamon or hot apple cider. I also love the smell of fresh roses!

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Do I ever! My main vice is dark chocolate. Milk chocolate is too sweet, but I LOVE dark chocolate and eat it frequently! I love dried blueberries and other dried fruit. And I love cinnamon hard candies!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do a lot of sewing, beading and metalwork. I played around with paper crafts, bookmaking and pottery. I like to do surface design on fabric and play with fabric dyes. I would like to start dying my own yarn. I don't spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have very eclectic taste. I was a music major in college so I am well-versed in the classics. I like female singers of all types and some of the standard jazz singers like Tony Bennett and Mel Torme. I like to try new artists and recently have discovered John Legend, Corinne Bailey Rae, Madelaine Peroux, Sarah Barielles and others. I listen to the Dixie Chicks, some classic punk like the Clash, Queen, Bon Jovi, Classic Motown. About the only thing I don't listen to is rap. I can play mp3's on my computer.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love earthy tones that are on the bright side--orange tones, rust, olive and yellowish greens, teal, turquoise, browns, darker purples. I don't do pink unless it is in an earthy variagated yarn--never a solid pink! It's just not me!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with a daughter who is in beauty school and a son who is a music major in college. I have 5 cats and a turtle! The 6th cat went to live with my daughter!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, ponchos and wraps of all types. I love shrugs. I ocassionally wear hats and I don't wear mittens but love gloves and fingerless gloves.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Items that are quick! I lose interest sometimes and tend to put extensive projects aside for long periods of time. I love knitting hats and scarves. I also like knitting sweaters in the round since I don't have to sew any seams!

13. What are you knitting right now?
I am currently knitting the pop-up paws pattern for my husband, Lucy Neatby Sea Lettuce Scarf for myself, a bulky alpaca sweater from the Vogue Knitting Winter 05-06 issue, and a Colinette Point 5 oversized sweater. The sweaters have been put aside to complete numerous scarves, hats and mitts for gifts.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Absolutely! I LOVE handmade gifts!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Lately I've become fond of short needles so I find circulars the most comfortable to knit with. I prefer Addi Turbo circulars, slick wood straight needles--Lantern Moon ebony is my favorite, and slick plastic. I love the Pony Pearl needles since they are slick and don't have the drag that wood has. I dislike aluminum needles.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have a sweater that I've been picking up and putting down for the last 4 years! I have an older one that has been knit but not stitched together. I have to make myself do that!

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, without a doubt!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I love antique sewing and needlework tools. Scotty dogs and cats, unusual buttons and handmade or specialty cookie cutters. I also collect handmade snowmen.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Interweave Knits. I would love to get my hands on some Artyarns Silk Rhapsody. I saw it for the first time last week and fell in love with it! I love any handdyed merino or silk blends. I would love some undyed merino, alpaca or silk yarn to dye. That's something I want to begin dabbling in. There are quite a few books that I long to own. I have placed them on my Amazon wish list.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Entrelac. I'm taking a class for that, however. I would love to learn Magic Loop knitting. Everyone that does it seems to really like it!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I haven't knit socks yet, but plan to do so in the very near future. I have an average size foot. I wear a size 7 - 7 1/2 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?
April 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment