Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hat Quandry

So I've been dying to make the cloche hat pictured in my earlier post. The quandry for me is finding just the right yarn. You know how it is when you get a preconceived notion of what you want then you simply just can't find the yarn that you've pictured in your mind anywhere on the face of the earth. I had pictured a neutral tweed in a caramel brown with a lighter shade of tweed for the brim. I know. Those of you who know me are thinking, "hmm, that's pretty subdued for Vicki." Well, that is true, but I was thinking Classic 1920's Cloche--not funky modern cloche. I went to All About Yarns and couldn't find anything that fulfilled my expectations so I decided on something totally different--Cascade 220 in Teal and the coordinating Cascade 220 Quattro for the brim. I like the yarns, but I'm not thrilled. I think they will look neat felted, I'm just not sure that they turn me on for this particular project!

So I went into Michael's this afternoon and found some Patons Merino Classic that I think I like better for this hat. It is actually a color combination that I am more likely to wear.


I received my patterns that I ordered from Kpixie . I got Rusted Root , Marigold , both by Zephyr Style and the Sahara sweater by Stitch Diva Studios .

My other yarn news is that I found a new online source called Fabulous Yarn . They have some of my favorite brands like Artyarns and Blue Sky Alpacas which All About Yarns doesn't happen to carry. They discount 20% when you hit $50! I ordered some Blue Sky Alpaca Silk to do the Clementine Wrap in the newest IK. I can't wait to caress it when it comes!


Today was a half day for the kids at school so I got to act like a grownup and go out to lunch! What a treat! Another treat was that Trader Joes just got their flower shipment in. I love to have fresh flowers in the house so I picked up 3 bunches of tulips for my big vase!

I always think about that scene in "You've Got Mail" where Meg Ryan tells Tom Hanks that daisies are the happiest flower. For me it's daffodils then tulips are a close second!

Kitty items--I caught Harley doing the "cow" as we call it. I've never seen a cat sleep like this. He tucks his front paws under and sticks his elbows out while stretching his neck out and putting his face flat on the floor!

Mikey is hanging with me on the couch while I write this!

No comments:

Post a Comment