Saturday, February 17, 2007

I love surprises!

Who doesn't love surprises! I was thrilled when my package of yarn from Ewe-Phoria Yarns came today. This is an Ebay store. Leslie hand dyes much of the yarn and she showed this skein which I fell in love with. It is 50/50 merino and silk--much like Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb only with a twist! She dyed 2 skeins in this particular colorway upon my request. They are huge skeins--over a half pound each!

I bought this yarn for the Clapotis pattern on the Knitty website.

My other treat came when I was leaving All About Yarns. I had stopped in to get a skein of Cascade 220 to contribute to my friend Dorothy who is knitting a prayer shawl for a colleague of ours at work who has cancer. As I was leaving the store, I saw that they had the spring issue of Interweave Knits which I thought didn't come out until Feb. 20. I had seen three projects from the website in that issue that I have to make: the Ribs and Lace Tank , the Clementine Shawlette , and the Cable Down Raglan . Of course we all need more projects that we will never have time to finish, but I am getting much better. I've decided that the Sea Lettuce Scarf will be a long term thing since I see very little progress on it with each session! The bulky alpaca sweater will be my next priority. Actually I have to make the Pop Up Paws for David first. I've been carrying that Suri Merino yarn around in my bag for way too long!

Maddy's mitts are almost done--just have to pick up the stitches for the thumbs! While I didn't like knitting with the Frog Tree Merino, the end result is wonderful! Of the 3 pairs of Fetching mitts I've made, these are by far the softest! I'll be curious to see how well this stuff wears! That's it! I hear Bird and Maddy in the driveway! Gotta Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment