Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snowy snafu!

So of course the meteorologists are saying that "this" storm is tricky to call. I guess that's just one way to cover one's posterior! We went to school on time but we were dismissed 2 1/2 hours early. Before going on dismissal duty, I received a lovely delivery of flowers from my sweetie as an early Valentine's Day treat! I figured I'd repay him by getting half the driveway shovelled. Granted, there was only a couple inches of snow, but I figured I would clear it and treat it with ice melting pellets.

When I went upstairs to get my slippers on I noticed a strange lump in the bed.

Upon further investigation, I found Greg hiding from the world!

This has been a strange time for the cats! Sammy has a new love. I brought home this huge metal cup type trophy and she has spent hours staring at the cat in the reflection. Ocassionally I will see her reach up and pat at the kitty in the cup!

So here it is almost 4:00 and I'm sitting in my Uggs with Mikey by my side getting ready to watch Oprah! This is indeed a rare treat! I am hoping for no school tomorrow. I have to catch up on the Valentine knitting projects mentioned in my last post! I'm getting ready to start Bird's hat since I pooped out last night after 24! I've got the beans soaking for Pasta e Fagiole (Pasta and Bean soup) which is my usual snowday ritual. If school is cancelled then I'll make the Pepper Parmesan Baguettes to go along with it. I hope they make a decision tonight! That would be the icing on the cake to just sleep in! Right now it's time to fire up the old espresso machine!

1 comment:

  1. If I didn't know any better, I would SWEAR that picture of Greg under the quilt was my Frisco. He loved to crawl under my quilt when I lived with my sister :)

    ReplyDelete