Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Latest projects

So I finally finished the Fetching mitts from the Knitty website. This is my second pair. I found that the picot bind off was really loose on the first pair so I used needles two sizes smaller to bind these off. They are knit in Queensland Uruguay dk which is a blend of merino, alpaca and silk. I love them!

I started the Lucy Neatby Sea Lettuce Scarf two nights ago. This one will take awhile since it is fingering weight yarn knit on a size 4 needle. It's an interesting pattern made up of short rows which give it a flounce effect on both sides once it gets longer. It is started with a provisional cast on then knit in wedges. The provisional cast on is pulled out and the resulting live stitches are placed on the needle and it is knit across, alternating short row wedges on each side. I love the picot edges which are done every other row. The yarn is a Claudia Handpaint fingering weight merino. I love the colors.

Lastly I finished one chemo cap which I will post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment