Monday, June 9, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love silk blends the most. I like Silk/Seacell, Silk/Merino, Silk/Bamboo, etc. I also like good Merino wool. I don't care for scratchy wool and I dislike most synthetics, particularly acrylic. I do like rayon or tencel in cotton blends--yarns like Classic Elite Premier.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a Shaker style wood box with "needles" stenciled on it. I keep my double points in wine tubes and my KnitPicks options in their binder.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting over 30 years! My mother taught me at first then I taught myself as I wwent along. I would consider myself to be advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wish list and there is a link on the side bar of my blog.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I don't like strong scents. I do like citrus scents though. Also, spiced apple.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Doesn't everyone? I like dark chocolate,  chocolate covered espresso beans and dark chocolate covered fruit.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew, crochet and make jewelry (both beading and metalwork).

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have eclectic taste. I like rock, blues, jazz, country--anything but rap. My computer does play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like earthy colors: olive and sage greens, lime green, orange, rust, gold, browns and beiges. I also love teal and turquoise and fire engine red. Dark purple is nice. I like creamy whites as opposed to pure white. I do not wear pink or gray or most other pastels.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with two fairly grown children. I have 4 cats (hence the Crazy Cat Lady name!) and a water turtle named Elvis!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love scarves and wear them frequently. I wear hats occasionally and I generally don't wear mittens. I do love gloves and fingerless mitts though. I don't wear ponchos, but do wear wraps and shawls.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love knitting sweaters. When I need more immediate gratification, I lean toward knitting hats and gloves!

13. What are you knitting right now?
I have two sweaters I am currently working on: Classic Elite Soft Linen Feather and Fan Cardigan and Fete Silk Top. I am starting Labyrinth next week. You can find these designs on Ravelry.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Absolutely!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer nickel circulars like Addis or KnitPicks options. I also like double points as I don't do the magic loop thing. I like ebony or other really slick woods for those. I tend to like short double points!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
WoW! It's got to be several years! I have a couple of heavy sweaters that I only work on in the winter! I'll finish them sooner or later!

18. What is your favorite holiday?
It's a toss up between Christmas and my birthday!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I'm a big collector! I collect antique sewing tools, cats, scotty dogs and handmade cookie cutters.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'm dying to get the new Wendy Bernard book and the new Stephanie Japel book when they come out this summer. There are others on my Amazon wish list. I subscribe to Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm liking some of the hairpin lace stuff that Stitch Diva has. I'm thinking that I might want to try that eventually!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have several skeins of sock yarn and a slew of patterns, but I haven't been particularly motivated to knit any of them yet. I only wear socks under boots so I can't seem spending the time to knit beautiful socks that won't be seen! I may make some for gifts one of these days. My foot measurements? Not sure, but I wear a size 7 - 7 1/2 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?
April 8

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes! I just had my one year Ravel-versary! My ID is kozykitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment