Saturday, June 21, 2008

Jackpot!

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to find a package of goodies from my Secret Pal in my mailbox! I've read that some people haven't had good experiences with the secret pal exchanges, but I always seem to hit the jackpot! I've always had incredibly thoughtful pals who seem to know how to spoil me. My new pal really outdid herself! Look at the goodies:
Three skeins of Nature's Palette fingering weight merino--2 in Zinfandel, and 1 in black plus a darling pattern for some Victorian styled fingerless gloves. I really like the pattern because it has separate fingers which I like better than just open mitts (if that makes sense!).

A set of Lantern Moon Sock Stix in size 1! I love Lantern Moon needles! I was really surprised to see these and totally delighted! Plus--two dark chocolate bars! One is ultra dark and the other is dark with cherries. Part of my evening ritual is enjoying a square or two of dark chocolate with my evening latte.

And last, but not least, is a surprise for the kitty clan. Three bathed mice! It is a tin of catnip with little mice hidden in it. I will take one or two out and let the kitties play later on! Perhaps they will get silly enough to film!

Thank you so much, Secret Pal! You are truly going to spoil me and I will love every minute of it!

Bushism of the day:
"I like the idea of people running for office. There's a positive effect when you run for office. Maybe some will run for office and say, vote for me, I look forward to blowing up America. I don't know, I don't know if that will be their platform or not. But it's -- I don't think so. I think people who generally run for office say, vote for me, I'm looking forward to fixing your potholes, or making sure you got bread on the table." --George W. Bush, on elections in the Middle East, Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005

Kitty cam: The tiny tuxedo twins are distracted by something on the deck.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you like them....I have a stack of things yet to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Hand Jive yarns - I have bought some of them before at Stitches! So funny on the GWB quote - what in the hell is that man talking about (as usual.) Did you ever watch the documentary "The Smartest Guys in the Room" about the Enron debacle? There were some interesting GWB references in it - I watched it last night on Netflix "watch now".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Secret Pal seems like a great thing to do! How fun!

    ReplyDelete