Sunday, May 13, 2007

Surprise!

I love surprises! Who doesn't? It was so much fun to come home Friday after a burn-out week to find a package from my secret pal!

First there were some fun black and white stationary goodies: a journal, stickers, post-its and ribbon!

Next is a silky bag and a dark chocolate, espresso bar which I will indulge in when I need that afternoon pick-me-up during the week!

What was in the bag? Gorgeous black Malabrigo! I LOOOOVE Malabrigo! I think this skein may become a hat and matching fingerless mitts!

Thank you so much Magic Loop for all your thoughtfulness!

Another Friday delight was my first trip to Curves! What a fun way to exercise! I really felt invigorated and I actually enjoyed the experience! I'm sorry I was unable to go on the weekend! Saturday was taken up by our spring MUSIK workshop. It was a wonderful workshop all about choral techniques for children's choirs and the best part, of course, was being able to hear 5 different choirs. The downside was that I had to get up as if it were a school day and I had to leave the house at 7:30 a.m. Yuck! That shouldn't be allowed on weekends!

Today I shunned my usual Sunday activities which involve cleaning and I took advantage of Mother's Day being a day for mom to relax! I visited my mom and brought her a CD player with some CD's of music from MGM movies of the past --think Bing Crosby, Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers, Judy Garland etc. My mom is almost 86 and she is in hospice care in a nursing home. I can't help but find her existence to be sad. She loves music like the rest of us and I know she was thrilled with the CD player. When I was giving her dinner, she would stop eating and just listen then say "I love that song." I just hope the nurses will remember to turn her music on for her. DH called out and got crab cakes at Timbuktu's for Mother's Day dinner! If you've never had a Maryland crab cake from Timbuktu's, then you've never had a REAL Maryland crab cake! They are the absolute best and they are HUGE! Today was also Bird's 21st birthday. We gave him a home brewing kit along with some smaller items. The rule is that any fermenting will be done in the basement!

Sahara progress: I got the neckline lace done and the seams stitched. It's a beautiful sweater!



I have started the 2nd sleeve and I expect to be done before next weekend!

Here's the latest from the Kitty Cam:

Greg, the King of the Remote Control!

3 comments:

  1. The Sahara is looking great!! One of these days I'll get around to starting mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it! : )
    I love your Sahara, it's going to look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of Judy Garland, there is an exciting and popular new group on Yahoo called The Judy Garland Experience. The group features ultra rare audio files, rarely seen photo's, lively discussions and more! This week in the audio section we are featuring a rare 50's concert presentation where the entire Rat Pack joined Judy onstage for their usual hijinx, Judy's complete 1967 concert on The Boston Common, several other garland audio odds and ends, and if that isn't enough we are also featuring excerpts from a rare 1973 concert performance by Mae West, yes, I said Mae West (you will jusy have to visit the group to find out why).
    We have members from all levels of Judy fandom, hardcore, newbie's, Garland family members, people who knew and worked with Judy, authors, historians, film makers, other celebrities, and more. The only thing missing is you! Please stop by our little Judyville and check it out, you may never want to leave!
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/

    ReplyDelete