Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hello. My name is Vicki and I have a problem. Isn't that the first step? If you are reading this then you most likely have a similar problem. My problem is not that of just buying yarn--though that is a secondary issue. My problem is thinking that I can do more than I have time for. I plan projects and enhance my stash by purchasing all that I need to complete said projects. This week has been no exception. There are several items that I've been wanting to add to my "to do" list but I was waiting for the right yarn to come along. Lo, and behold, this week it all did!

First of all, I've decided that I need to work on an extensive lace project. This will be an ongoing thing. I've been reading Grumperina's blog and coveting all the lovely lace things she knits. I have discovered during the last few months that I love knitting lace. I just can't do it at knitting group when I'm running my mouth. I purchased the book Lace Style a few weeks ago and fell in love with the Lily of the Valley Shawl.

The pattern isn't that complicated and it's the type of lace pattern that can be easily memorized. I decided to go for it and purchase the yarn. I went to my LYS to find some suitable lace yarn. There were two that I liked but I don't think the weight was quite right. The pattern called for Jaeggerspun Superfine Merino which is 630 yards in a 2 oz. skein. I bought Lacey Lamb which has over 800 yards in a 2 oz skein. The color is beige which is okay but I just don't love it. I'm going to return it because I found that Sarah's Yarns had the Jaeggerspun so I ordered it. The color is called Mushroom and it is the same yarn as in the photo--a very soft taupe--almost white and I DO love that!

I also got my Berroco Pure Merino for the Cable Down Raglan. This is gorgeous yarn. The color isn't quite right in the photo.

This is sort of a caramel color and it will be fabulous with all the olive greens and browns that I wear.

The last purchase was that of some Art Yarns Silk Rhapsody Glitter from Fabulous Yarn to make the Cardi Wrap by Stitch Diva. Judy, the proprietor, special ordered the color I wanted and I still get the 20% off discount. She is so friendly and I recommend checking out her online store. You won't be disappointed! I can't wait for that yarn to arrive! It's one of those that you just have to caress!

Now I have to do some serious goal setting. I have found that participating in the Sahara KAL was great for keeping me on task. I am scheduling my projects with completion dates. I will work on the Lily Shawl one, possibly two nights a week. I figure I can knock off one lace repeat each time. I want to make Rusted Root and finish it by the end of June, then I really want to do the Silk Corset by Annie Modesitt. After that I will begin the Cable Down Raglan. All of those sweaters are top down knits which I think is the only way to go.

I have fallen for the Eyelet Cardigan by Blue Sky Alpacas--so I may have to throw that in there.

I'm half finished my last Sahara sleeve and I plan on working on it the full 2 hours tomorrow during "24." That should complete the straight knitting. I can do the lace on Tuesday!

Kitty Cam:

Greg can be a big bully, but who ever thought he'd resort to guns!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all these projects! Have a great week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy ... You're tagged! Rules on my blog today (5/21).

    ReplyDelete