PHD Knitter tagged me! I'm not sure whether to thank her or to go TP her house!
Here are the instructions: List 7 random things about yourself on your blog along with the rules then tag seven other residents of the blogosphere to do the same!
1. I run a high school sports league. That's not typical of a musician as we music teachers often find ourselves at odds with the athletic dept. I run a community high school ice-hockey league with 12 teams. Both my son and daughter played ice hockey and if I weren't so friggin old, I would probably do so as well!
2. I like punk music! Again--people have this image of music teachers as only listening to the classics, but my musical taste is rather eclectic. Kid #2 plays in a ska band and he got me listening to punk during all those college visit road trips. The Violent Femmes are my favorite punk band.
3. I hate beer. Hate it, hate it! Even though my son is currently brewing some in our basement I still hate it!
4. I once considered getting a tattoo. That's about as far as it went, however. One hits a certain age and realizes that tattoos don't go with wrinkles.
5. I am a member of DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution). Now I know many of you have this image of DAR members as stuffy old ladies with big hats, but it isn't your grandmother's DAR anymore! (See factoids #2 and 4)
6. I met my spouse on a blind date. This is what we did before the internet was invented!
7. I once spent the night in a funeral home. Don't ask. It's a real long story!
So I've tagged: Eusebius, Adjunct Slave, Elledub,
Knittinreed, and Gay. Please don't hate me! I like your blogs and have come across them through knit alongs and/or webrings!