Friday, June 1, 2007

Out with the old, In with the new . . .

Projects, that is. I've been feverishly working on my latest project this week.

This is Rusted Root by Zephyr Style. I really like the pattern. It's well designed and easy to knit on autopilot. The only thing I really have to pay attention to is the lace section. The yarn is Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Sedona Red. I love the color but I doubt I will use this yarn again. It looks nice, but I'm finding it to be a pain. It splits and I have to watch carefully or I end up with little threads from splitting the loops. The other problem is that there were tangles in the skein. It is wound as a center pull skein and I pulled out a huge tangled knot. I fiddled with it for about 15 minutes and gave up, cutting the thread and just getting rid of the knot. This happened again toward the end of the skein. There was also a knot where the yarn was actually pieced. I haven't had that happen before either. I would have liked to use Premier by Classic Elite of Touche by Berroco, but neither one came in a similar color! I am rushing to finish it so that I can start my lace shawl.

Here's a lovely photo of DH in the National Memorial Day Parade in DC.

My guy is the fifer! WoW! I've always liked guys in bands, but this isn't exactly what I had envisioned!

I am currently looking for some coral colored silk yarn to make Sizzle by Wendy Barnard. I don't know what it is about these low cut sweaters, but I really like them! I have found some Debbie Bliss Pure Silk on Ebay. I'll have to check the color out as it may be too pink and we cannot have that!

Kitty Cam:

So this is what I found when I stepped out of the shower this morning--the twins anxiously waiting for breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. How is the Rusted Root going? I am getting ready to start it myself. It's such a great pattern. I'd love to see pictures of your progress!

    ReplyDelete