Wednesday, June 13, 2007

FO #2!

Wow! I can't believe that I have finished two, count 'em two, sweaters in the last month! Rusted Root is done! Finito! I wore it to work today!
Here's what it looked like two nights ago:

I used my new lace wires to make sure that the lace panel was straight.


Here's the typical self portrait of me in the sweater:

And here I am at work in Pheelya's media center!

Details:
Pattern: Rusted Root by Zephyr Style, Size Small
Yarn: under 3 skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Sedona Red
Needles: 24' and 32" Knit Picks Options size 6 and size 4; 12" inch Addi Turbos size 4 for sleeve ribbing.
Time to complete: Just under 3 weeks

I'm waiting for the next Sexy Knitter's Club KAL to start another sweater. I started my Lily of the Valley Shawl last night. I have to say that this type of lace knitting is an entirely different animal! I am using Jaeggerspun Superfine Merino which has 630 yards in a 50 gm. ball. This is some thin yarn! I splurged and bought a pair of the Addi Turbo Lace needles in size 6 for this shawl! VaVaVoom! I love these things! They are even more pointy than the Knit Picks! This pattern has a wierd little stitch called a "nupp" in which you K,YO,K,YO,K in one stitch then purl all 5 of those stitches together the next row! That's a toughie! It will be beautiful though. I've decided that my goal is to knit one, possibly two repeats of the lace pattern, which has 28 rows, per week. The entire shawl has 10 repeats of the pattern then the edging is knit on. I can easily finish it before the end of the summer at that rate!

School ends for the kids tomorrow! If I had a video camera handy, you would see me jump for joy!

Kitty Cam:
Mikey waits on the towel rack for me to get dressed in the morning. I love to see him like this because you can really see him in all his polydactyl glory!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Rusted Root!!! It looks FABULOUS! I got my invite to Ravelry today and made you my friend so :P I can't tell you how jealous I am of your Rusted Root right now ... I want to make that sweater NOW! Sigh ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW It looks GREAT on you!! that is such a cool pattern.

    ReplyDelete