Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Not that any fathers are reading this blog! I have no knitting news today. I haven't touched the Lily of the Valley Shawl since I was swamped with closing down school! Now I have to really organize myself. I'm much better at managing my time when I am working. I think being that busy just forces me to manage better. I should be busy all summer as I have a crapload of things that I need to do around here. It's easy to procrastinate though, so often I just don't end up getting everything done. The diet officially starts tomorrow! The goal is to lose 15 pounds --hopefully by Aug. 4 which is my class reunion. If I lose 10 pounds by the time I go to New England then I will treat myself to a pair of premium designer jeans. For those who read Grumperina's blog, you may remember her post about True Jeans, a company that specializes in custom fitting jeans. Well, you get a discount if you sign up to be a fit tester. It turns out this company is in Woburn, MA which is where I happen to stay when I'm in MA. So I'm going to sign up! Remember--it's all about making your ass look good when it comes to jeans and my ass hopes to be siginificanly smaller by the end of July!

It's supposed to be in the 90's today with an air quality of code orange. Sounds like a good day to stay inside and knit! We are having a cookout for Father's Day and Ems and KC are coming over. I spurged and bought 5 gorgeous filet mignon steaks and I made some Three Potato Salad last night. I developed a recipe for it sometime ago which includes mango chutney. Good stuff! Marinated asparagus and grilled videlia onions with sherry and parmesan will complete the fare. I may have to go pick up some Ben & Jerry's for dessert. Given the meal, I think some Chubby Hubby might be the perfect flavor!

I finially got my hanging baskets done. I had all the flowers lined up on my front steps, waiting to be planted. They were starting to look pretty sorry, but they have perked up nicely. DH and I went to Lowe's last night and got some more for the pedastal planters along with the paint for the dining room. I got the porch and deck cleaned off so they are ready to be inhabited when Bird has his "Beerbeques."

I am anxiously awaiting the vote for the next Sexy Knitter's Club KAL. I really hope it is Fifi which I really love! I've already bought the yarn and pattern for it! I'll wait until the voting is over to start any new sweaters. Meanwhile I'll work on the shawl, finish the 2nd Pop Up Paw, and possibly start and pair of socks.


WoW! I was just flipping channels and found "Psycho." Fortunately it's the original one. I won't watch the remake. In fact they should have some sort of law that prohibits remaking any Hitchcock films. There's no way to improve on his artistry as a director. Hollywood needs to learn to leave well enough alone!

I guess I should go get dressed. I will post photos of the Lily of the Valley Shawl when I get one repeat of the lace done!

Kitty Cam:
This one comes from Ems

Mokey is still trying to decide if the new Roomba is friend or foe!

3 comments:

  1. fi fi is the one i'm to win, i'm thinking of making it with long sleeves though as i won't wear a sweater until it;s winter it would b pretty but i wonder how it would be in an all cotton yarn rather than the rowan calmer which is supposed to be quite stretchy. fathers day menu sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips! I meant to ask you ... what size did you make and did you do the puff sleeves the way it calls for? I noticed some people on ravelry had issues with the sleeves ...

    I ended up BO the blanket ... It's in the dryer now!! We'll see how the Swish stands up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a Moki too - just spelled different. He was a big grey and white guy - dumb as a box of rocks but lovable.

    ReplyDelete