Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm biting off more than I can chew!

I keep finding projects I want to make--more than I will ever get to! Here's the newest ones in my queue:




I snagged some yarn on sale at Webs for the first two projects, both of which are from Classic Elite. The rust colored yarn, which is Classic Elite Premier, is for the first top, and the teal yarn, which is Cascade Pima Tencel, is for the second one.

The third project is from the Spring 2007 IK which is probably my most favorite issue ever. I was able to get some Debbie Bliss Pure Cashmere for less than half price from Stash on Ebay. I got a lot of 10 skeins and the pattern calls for 7 so someone will get a nice cashmere hat! I haven't decided who the lucky recipient will be!


I also treated myself to another knitting bag. I actually found this one with the scrapbooking stuff at Target! It's perfect for carrying 2 projects. It has pockets on the outside, pockets on the inside and two center flat compartments meant for carrying scrapbook paper. I'm using those to keep my patterns nice and flat!



My last aquisition was two pairs of very comfortable sandals to wear to school. I needed some black ones with high heels to wear with my jeans and I just fell in love the the metallic pair. Both are from DSW.



Other stuff--I'm feel a lot of maternal guilt--not because of my kids, but because of Mikey. Poor baby. I noticed his breath was bad about a month ago. I made a vet appointment and then ended up canceling it. I noticed last weekend that one of his canine teeth was loose and his gums were really inflamed. Of course I saw this the day after he went to the vet for a blood test! So I took him back and he was given an antibiotic. Typically the vet would anesthetize him and scale his teeth and possibly pull the loose one. Because he is diabetic, she doesn't want to do that. So once his glucose level is stabilized then we will decide what to do. Meanwhile his tooth will probably fall out. He'll be a little snaggletooth baby! I'm also on the lookout for a new toy for Harley. He and Samantha are funny. They each have a special toy that gets carried from room to room. These toys are thread bare and well loved. They remind me of little kids with special blankies. Harley got his toy 2 or 3 years ago at Christmas and he has chewed most of the fur off!

It's a "Thing 1" toy from the Cat in the Hat! Even though I've made special toys for them, Harley has to have this one. He takes it upstairs at night and brings it down to the kitchen in the morning. When I get home from work, it is in the family room!

Today is Bird's birthday! He's 22! He'll be coming home this weekend. He and a friend are going to a Craft Beer event at the Mellon Auditorium where they will learn about beer and food pairing and they will get to sample the wares! This was what he wanted, so his mommy got it for him! Sunday, all of us (me, DH. Bird, Ems and KC) are all going to see Lewis Black at the Warner Theater! That was my Mother's Day gift! DH, Ems and I went to Houlihan's for Mother's Day dinner. I love their Sex in the City Martinis! They have a Wednesday night special on them --5 bucks! I may have to add a second happy hour to my week!

Four more weeks of school after this week!

Bushism of the day:
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Kitty Cam: Here is Mikey in his usual pose next to me on the couch!

2 comments:

  1. Love both pairs of shoes! I didn't look for CE Premiere at the WEBS sale; maybe I will have to hit it again. I agree on that issue of Interweave being a great one! I like all the patterns you added to your queue (well, obviously the first one, LOL, as I made it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great minds think alike i just bought some cascade pima tencel...from webs. you had suggested it a while back and i loved the pima silk so i thought i'd try it when it went on sale. i read somewhere that it has a tendency to stretch. do you have any experience with the yarn? does it? i'll look forward to hearin your opinion of it when you use it. i have a million other thing to do first. love all these patterns!

    ReplyDelete