Monday, July 2, 2007

Slow and Steady

So--my Fifi is making progress. The gauge is smaller than I swatched--7 spi instead of 5 spi. As a result I am knitting size Small instead of Extra Small. It seems to fit fine, but I wish the neckline was wider. Someone on the SKC KAL started theirs as a size Medium which casts on 140 instead of 120 then they joined the body earlier as if knitting an extra small. I wish I had thought of that. I'm thinking that I may be able to correct it somewhat when I block it.



The weather turned absolutely delightful this weekend. Yesterday was simply fabulous! I got caught up in a stupid task though. I offered to wind a skein of yarn for a friend. It was a beautiful skein of Anne Schaefer fingering weight merino, mohair blend. All started okay but then the strands of yarn coming off the skein started getting hung up on loops, if that makes sense. The skein seemed to be twisted--as it it were twice as big originally then doubled up to make a manageable size, if that makes sense. Well, my 5 - 10 minute task of winding a ball of yarn with a swift and ball winder turned into over an hour. I ended up with two small balls of yarn and about 50 yards of tangled mess! I've never encountered that before! If I ever purchase this brand of yarn for myself, I will have the shop wind it.

DH, Bird and I went to the movies last night. We saw Live Free and Die Hard. Gotta love the Die Hard movies. I'm always amazed at how may beatings and explosions one can live through! It was entertaining and the company was good! I will work more on Fifi today but need to focus on perfecting the music for my neice's wedding.

Kitty Cam:
Breakfast at the OK Corral!

3 comments:

  1. I just got my last SP10 package! I love it, thank you so much. You've been the best secret pal. I love the stitch markers. They're perfect. I'm obsessed with Hello Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mistyped I think. I meant to say that I usually decrease on each side of both markers ... so decreasing 4 stitches instead of just 2 (one on each side). So it kind of looks like a dart instead of a straight line down the side seam. It's what the directions say, but it seems strange to me. I signed up for Secret Pal 11, but I haven't gotten an e-mail or anything to confirm it. Is that normal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to say, I keep looking at those stitch markers. They're just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete