Thursday, July 26, 2007

On the road again!

Today--I'm heading for Rhode Island--the Ocean State! It's not really surrounded by ocean--just the southern part is--but there are bays and rivers and water everywhere! It is truly a beautiful state. The other thing that I love is that there are hydrangeas growing everywhere! You see hedges of them around homes and wild ones along the roadside. Gorgeous!

I decided to wear another Nanette Lepore top--one of my favorite ones--and my new denim skirt that I picked up at Marshalls before I left home:


I will head south and stop in Bristol to visit an old graveyard--then I will head down the eastern penninsula to Little Compton which is just slightly north of Sakonnet Point. This town is very remote. It was originally part of Plymouth Colony before Rhode Island was a state. Elizabeth Alden, daughter of Mayflower passenger John Alden, and her husband William Pabodie (Peabody) were some of the original settlers here when a number of Plymouth residents moved southwest to form new settlements. They are direct ancestors of mine and they along with a number of their family members are buried at the town commons.


DH lands in Providence at 6:35 so I will pick him up then we will head back to Boston!

More later!

Bushism of the day:
"It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet." --George W. Bush, Arlington Heights, Ill., Oct. 24, 2000

Kitty Cam:
From the archives--Mokey knows how to keep cool on a hot day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    My family is in Westport MA which is very near Little Compton. I am also a descendant of John Alden on both sides of my family.
    I went to Northeastern University in Boston so it is very interesting to read your blog.
    I now live out side of Little Rock AR but make it back to Westport at least once a year.
    Lois Allen lois@futura.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Nanette Lapore tops you're modeling - I haven't heard of this designer so will check her out!!

    ReplyDelete