Thursday, March 27, 2008

Just in the nick of time!

This will be short because typing is rather labor intensive.  I finished Giselle last night.  I was determined as I knew I wouldn't be able to do the crochet with a cast on.  I may be able to knit, but definitely not crochet!  


Details:  

Pattern:  Giselle from Stitch Diva, cropped version, Size Small
Yarn:  Handmaiden Double Sea Silk in Periwinkle--3 skeins
            Handmaiden Sea Silk in Mahogany--1 skein (for crochet edging)
Ribbon:  Hanna Silk Satin hand dyed in French Roast--3 yards
Needles:  Addi turbo size 6,  Crochet hook size E
Began Feb./ Finished March 27

I love this pattern but I'm disappointed that it didn't come in smaller sizes.  The smallest is a 34 which is my actual bust measurement.  This design needs to have negative ease.  The back view shows that the sweater doesn't quite hug the body the way it should.  In retrospect, I should have tightened it up when I put the crochet edging on.  I was also a little rusty with my crochet skills.  It's been years.  There was a graph type thing with the stitch pattern which was somewhat unclear.   I didn't get it quite right up the front and around the neck, but I figured it out for the rest!  Overall, I'm pleased with the results and I'm sure I will wear it.
I came home from my surgery today to find some surprises in the mail. 
First from the Yarnery:



I saw the chicks in an ad in the new IK along with some cute felted Easter eggs. I bought them as a kit. They are the cutest thing ever! I will probably pick up another snowman pattern--they have a smaller one and a collection of hats and accessories. Too cute!

Then there was my Ebay purchase:

Debbie Bliss Pure Silk for only $8 a skein! Gotta love that! This is for this sweater:


That's about it for now. Time for a Percocet.

Bushism of the day:
"When a drug comes in from Canada, I wanna make sure it cures ya, not kill ya... I've got an obligation to make sure our government does everything we can to protect you. And one -- my worry is that it looks like it's from Canada, and it might be from a third world." --George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

Kitty Cam:  Mikey does his Humpty Dumpty imitation!


2 comments:

  1. Gisele turned out great, even if it may be a little less fitted than you would have liked. There are a lot of crochet designs I like lately, mostly on the Stitchdiva site, but I can't seem to get through a crochet project for some reason even though I am reasonably OK at it. I like that last Pure Silk pattern - where is that from? I don't remember it from the Pure Silk book, but I may have just missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There!

    I'm your fellow coffee addict and swap pal!

    The Giselle is very pretty and I love the pattern for the new sweater.

    And that kitty cat sure knows how to strike a pose!

    --your secret pal

    ReplyDelete