Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ducks and bunnies and chicks! Oh My!

The snowmen are packed up and Easter is on it's way! A might bit early, if you ask me. It isn't even St. Patrick's Day and I've put out the ducks, bunnies and chicks! I typically keep my snowmen around and faithfully do my snow dance until March 21. That is Good Friday! This is way too early for Easter! Here's a sampling of my Easter goodies:







I have 4 more days of school until spring break! I have to get ready for my sub the week after break as I am having my hand surgery on March 27. I will take the following week off to recuperate. I have to record my chorus accompaniments so I have to practice them and get that done this week. My accompanist moved last summer and I haven't found another so I record the piano parts which enables me to conduct the choruses the way they should be. I'll have to search out a high school kid next year to play. It would be a good way for them to get community service hours.

I got a lovely little box from Webs yesterday.

The colorful skein on the left is Valley Yarns Franklin sock yarn. I am using that for a Baby Surprise Jacket. I'm taking a class with Pheelya next Saturday where we will begin the jacket. I've always wanted to do that one. The other two variegated skeins are TyDy by Knit One Crochet Too. They are for the Chameleon Scarf in the New IK. It looks like a nice portable project. The squares are knit separately then sewn together to they are small projects that can be put in the purse!

The other yarn is Louisa Harding Jasmine. It is Cotton, Bamboo and Silk with a metallic thread that adds some sparkle. It's hard to see it in the photo.

This is for Cecilia which I showed in a previous post.

I have finished knitting Giselle. Now I have to do the crochet trim and attach the flounces to the sleeves. I've wound the sea silk and I knit a small swatch so I can test the gauge of the crochet. Hopefully I will finish that in a week or so.

Bird comes home tomorrow. It will be good to have him here.

Bushism of the day:
"One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 8, 2003

Kitty cam:
Greg loves rolling around on his perch!

No comments:

Post a Comment