Sunday, March 2, 2008

Spring is on the way . . .

I've declared winter to be officially over. Why? Because I bought daffodils. I love daffodils! I always think of the movie "You've Got Mail" where Meg Ryan tells Tom Hank, "I think daisies are the friendliest flower." Only for me, the friendliest flowers are daffodils. To me, daffodils, tulips and hyacinths are only for spring and summer! I put them all over the house . . .

In the family room:


In the living room:


In the powder room:


Hyacinths in the dining room:


Knitting projects the last few days have mainly been kitty toys! I am having a guest here at the blog on Wednesday March 5. Donna Druchunas, author of a new knitting book called "Kitty Knits" will be dropping in for a visit. I thought I'd make a few things from the book:

I actually finished the pink tube on the needles and a ball with fringe. I now have to felt them, stuff them and spike them with catnip. Mikey chose the color for his:

So Mikey will get the blue mouse!

Other news: My niece turned me on to this blog. It's called Stuff White People Like and it is absolutely hysterical. I've spent the last 4 days reading the entire thing from the beginning. WoW! I never realized just how white I was! In fact if you ranked my family in order of whiteness, me and Ems would definitely tie for first place. At first I thought she would be number 1 since she's a vegetarian and she shops at Whole Foods. But then I realized that I tie her with my Arts degree and the fact that I'm shopping for a hybrid car. Of course, I have to deduct a point for said car not being a Prius, but I think hybrid cars in general qualify for whiteness points. Next comes Bird. He is working on an arts degree, likes indie music, is into microbrews and brews his own beer. Last is DH. In fact, by all accounts, DH isn't white at all! Who knew!

I have to finish Giselle this week and get started on another sweater. I don't know how much knitting I will be able to do after my hand surgery. I'll be able to sew as long as I cut out the stuff in advance. I need to get crackin' as I got this in a fortune cookie today:

Hopefully something will come of that!

Bushism of the day:
"Oftentimes, we live in a processed world — you know, people focus on the process and not results." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 29, 2003

Kitty Cam: Once again, Greg gets away from it all under the bedspread.

1 comment: