1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Silk is my absolute favorite. I also love alpaca, merino and cashmere. I like blends containing these fibers which include microfiber--something like Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. I like soft cotton yarns and bamboo as well. I would like to try some of the newer soy silks and other non wool alternatives made out of natural materials. I absolutely cannot stand acrylic yarns. Basically--natural fibers are my preference.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a large, oblong Shaker box that I keep my straight needles and Addi circs in. I use wine bottle tubes for my double points and I have the nice little zipper case for my Knit Picks circs.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting over 30 years--since I was a kid! I would consider myself to be advanced, though I tend to choose less complicated projects so I can finish them more quickly.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wish list. The button is in my blog sidebar.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Wow! That's a tough one! I like lemon, rose and spicy scents as long as they are subtle.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do have a sweet tooth, but I general eat fruit instead of sweets. I do indulge in dark chocolate on a regular basis though. I like the real dark stuff and it's good with espresso, nuts or fruit in it!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do not spin. I hope to start playing with hand dying my own yarn. I also make jewelry and sew and I will dabble in other creative ventures when curious or necessary!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have eclective taste in music. I listen to anything except for rap.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love earthy tones that are on the brighter side--browns, rusts, oranges, gold, olive greens. I also like turquoise, teal and bright red. I wear some darker purples but avoid lavendar. I cannot stand pink.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with two grown kids. I have four kitties whom you can read regularly about on my blog! I also have a water turtle named Elvis.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear hats and ponchose sometimes. I never wear mittens. I love scarves and wear them daily when the weather gets chilly!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I have really gotten into knitting sweaters lately, but I love knitting hats, scarves, shrugs and fingerless gloves as diversions. I tend to have at least one big project on the needles along with a couple of small ones. I think my absolute favorite thing to knit are the top down seamless sweaters. I actually finish those!
13. What are you knitting right now?
I am currently working on Fifi then the Red Carpet Convertible--both projects being the current KALs for the Sexy Knitters Club. I am also finishing up the One Skein Wonder shrug and some fingerless gloves for my husband.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
It varies. I tend to prefer circular needles but I like really short straight needles--7 or 8 inches long. I tend to prefer slick needles like Addis, but like some plastics or exotic wood like ebony.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes--I own both!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have one that is going on about 3 or 4 years. I need to make one sleeve and the neck trim and that's it. That is my winter knitting priority when the season changes!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
It's a toss up between Christmas and July 4!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
A better question would be--Is there anything I DON'T collect! I like antique sewing implements, scotty dogs and anything cat related.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'm pretty good for patterns and needles. Desired books are on my Amazon wish list though I am anxiously awaiting for the relase of Annie Modesitt's new book, Romantic Knits. I am dying for more Handmaident Great Big Sea Silk yarn which I love but can't get around here. I would be interested in some of the lace weight Sea Silk as well!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I've been collecting sock patterns and would like to learn toe up socks. I haven't taken the time to play with that yet. I would like to work more on magic loop or knitting with two circulars.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet! See my last answer!
23. When is your birthday?
April 8. Please don't ask me the year!
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes! My ID is kozykitty!