Thursday, August 16, 2007

All good things must come to an end!

So this is my last week of summer vacation! I worked 3 days this week which was a good warm up for going back to school full-time next week. Hopefully the hideous traffic jams I experienced this week aren't a preview of what's to come. Monday and Tuesday we had training in Rockville. The first day it took me 55 minutes so I planned accordingly the second day. As luck would have it, something happened on the beltway so it took me over an hour and a half! Go figure! Also Monday, Rt. 29 was closed in the afternoon so what should be a 45 minute commute home turned into 2 and a half hours. It was insane! Hopefully this will be the exception and not the rule!

It was good to get back to my knitting. I finished up the little One Skein Wonder! I rather like this pattern for a quick little diversion. I received this lovely skein of Malabrigo from my SP 10 pal and this seemed to be the perfect use for it!



I love the finished product! The only thing is that it is difficult for me to get off once I have it on! I don't have the flexibility I used to have!

So I'm back to Fifi! I am giving myself 2 weeks to finish it! I need to do the second SKC KAL afterall!

Ebay was good to me this week! I got a couple of cute tops! One was a worn once top from Anthropologie which I love. It is a strapless little number which fits quite well. I am going to add an extra row of elastic to the back since it is just a tiny bit loose.


I also got a brand new Nanette Lepore top--One that I've been wanting for some time now. It's cotton and I can wear it to school. It is covered with pin tucks which should show in the second photo:



Another project which will soon be upon me is this:


Grapes of the Concord variety! I found out that this varietal was actually developed in Concord, MA! For those of you who haven't been there, here's a little lesson in pronunciation. Most of us would say "con-CORD" with the emphasis on the second syllable. In MA they say it like "conquered." Anyway--the grape crop looks good and it's been several years since I've actually done anything with them. I will make grape butter which is a kin to apple butter. It is thick and spicy and downright delicious on an English muffin! The grapes should be ripe in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we won't get a crapload of rain because that will turn them into raisins in short order! Also--if you look closely at the first picture, you will see a little lawn ornament which is the shape of a kitty angel. That is where Peanut is buried. I need to make his stepping stone to put there.

This weekend will be spent on school work--particularly scheduling. I've procrastinated long enough!

Bushism of the day:
"The best way to relieve families from time is to let them keep some of their own money." --George W. Bush, Westminster, Calif., Sept. 13, 2000

Kitty Cam:

Harley seems confused as to the proper use of a treadmill:


If you ask me, he has the right idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment