Saturday, March 21, 2020

Life During a Pandemic part 3: I want to scream!

The reality that I'm actually staying home for a reason that is frightening is starting to set in.  It's amazing how so many habits have changed in the short time of a week.  I wash anything that comes into the house.  I wash my hands all the time.  I worry about touching anything in public.  It makes me want to scream.  There's this imminent feeling of danger, yet none to be seen.  It's such an unusual time.


I ventured out today.  I went to the post office and back to pick up mail and mail a parcel.  Oops!  I brought the parcel in and put it on the kitchen counter.  So I opened it, recycled the box and wiped down the counter with Clorox Clean up.  Such is life these days.

Someone had tied this sweet little dreamcatcher on the post office railing.  I love it when people try to brighten the day for random strangers.  We could all do a little more of that.


Next I watched the daily press conference from the Coronavirus task force.  Every time I do that, I want to kick myself.  Most of it is simply a train wreck.  If the president would just not show up, it would be 100% better.  He says stuff that has to be "corrected" by the experts later.  He should just put them out there to brief the press and take questions.

Slow day otherwise.  I put away the rest of the Christmas ornaments.  Yes.  You read that right.  There were two bins sitting in the living room with random ornaments laying on top that just needed to be put away.  We never use that room so I've been ignoring them.  Tomorrow, the snowmen get packed away and the bunnies come out.  I feel an even stronger need for these seasonal rituals.  I can tell David is bored.  He's been cleaning out the flower beds and told me that we need to get flowers.  Since that's always been my job, he's clearly not aware that we don't plan annuals before May so no,  we just get some pots with blooming bulb plants for the urns and for the basket by the front door.  Our frost date is May 10.  So maybe we'll do that if we can get to Home Depot when no one is there.  I just don't want to be around strangers.  It's terrible to think that everyone is a threat.  But that's where we are.

Monday I do my curbside pick up at Wegmans and I'll venture into Trader Joes.  I think tomorrow I'll whip up some masks to wear when going to such places.  Also--tomorrow I plan to resume my walking with Chris.  We're going to walk around Savage Mill and Savage Park and we will make it a point to remain 6 feet apart.  

I finally watched the 4 part Hulu documentary on Hillary.  I highly recommend it.  Those of you who've followed her career since the early 90s won't be surprised by much.  Those who have bought into the conspiracies will be surprised by a lot.  Worth watching.  She's quite candid about a lot of things.

Lazy dinner tonight:  frozen pizza and what was left of our salad greens with peppers, carrots, cherry tomatoes and olives.  It was just enough.  We are going to get take out tomorrow --probably from an independent restaurant.  We feel it's important to do our part to feed the local economy.


Morning stats


Evening stats

No comments:

Post a Comment