Monday, October 27, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

That's today! It's cold and rainy which is quite surprising! I had heard that it would be in the high 50's which is chilly for this time of year, but I was rather surprised to look outside before 2:00 and see that it was raining! It never made it into the 50's. I remember more years with Halloween being in the high 70's than in the 40's! It's typically quite warm in these parts this time of year. What gives? As a result of the rain, I went straight home after my leadership meeting today. I just didn't care to stop at the grocery store or post office. I just wanted to come home, prop up my feet and fix a cup of Mango Ceylon tea which soothes my soul. I always fix dinner on Sunday so that DH and I have leftovers on Monday. Thus dinner involves fixing a plate and popping it into the microwave!

I'm going to finish my high school hockey game schedule then veg out in front of the TV while working on my Surplice Camisole.

That's really all I have to share today--except, of course, some more Halloween pix!

These are from different years. First we have Ems when she was 4 and me when I was ????


That Sylvester costume has a lot of mileage on it. A former reading teacher at my school and myself would switch that one and the Roadrunner one each year. We would go into the staff lounge, get in the costumes and raid the classrooms making the kids give us candy. We wouldn't talk--we'd just gesture. The kids never knew who was in the costumes. We'd then go and change back into our street clothes and visit the classrooms again as if nothing happened. These days I'm a party pooper. My dress up days are over!

Next we have Bird a few years later. He found a Beetlejuice mask at Sears Surplus. It was one of those that had a tube with a squeeze bulb at the end. When you squeezed the bulb, snakes popped up on top! My task was to make a Beetlejuice suit which I managed to do using a pajama pattern!


Bushism of the day:
"I think that the vice president is a person reflecting a half-glass-full mentality." --George W. Bush, interview on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007

Kitty Cam: From the archives---Where's Cosmo?

3 comments:

  1. You made the cutest costues for your kids!!

    Frisco would be right up there next to Cosmo if there was any space above my shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the costumes...especially the Beetlejuice one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. who is that little boy in the second pic? looks so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete