Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Self Portrait Challenge: What I Wear, Week 1


I have a simple rule about what I wear: Always wear one thing that is truly eye-catching. The one thing can be a garment, a piece of jewelry, a bitchin' pair of shoes--whatever! Everything else will be understated. If I choose a fabulous piece of jewelry, then the garment near the jewelry will be very simple. If I choose an eye-catching garment, then the rest of the outfit will be very subtle. Today's eye-catching piece is my pair of anodyzed aluminum earrings. I purchased these at a gallery back in the 80's when everyone was wearing big earrings. They've gone through years of hibernation, but I always end up resurrecting them. They are light as a feather, both are different and they are very colorful! What more could I ask for! Today I am wearing them with a simple black silk tunic, jeans and plain black boots. They add a touch of whimsy to my total look. Whimsy is a good thing!

Visit the Self Portrait Challenge for more of what people wear!

2 comments:

  1. i love the earrings. i don't have anything like that but i too hang on to may favorite things and resurrect them year after year. it makes getting dressed more fun.

    ReplyDelete