Saturday, October 6, 2007

8 Random Things

Robin tagged me for the latest go round on the random things meme. Here are the rules:

Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged.

Here are my random things (hopefully they are things I haven't listed before)--None of them fiber related!

1. I live in the same state that I grew up in. That's not a big deal to some, but around the DC area, it is somewhat unusual because there are so many transplants here. In fact, I teach in the same school system I attended.

2. I am classically trained musician. My college major was music education with a concentration in piano--complete with the formal concert hall recital at the end. My minor was voice and when it comes to performing, I'm much more comfortable singing in public than playing the piano. Perhaps because I do it everyday at school.

3. I'm a hardcore Democrat. Of course, if you are reading my blog, then you already know that!

4. There are 2 things that I will spare no expense on--skincare and haircare. I pay a huge amount on haircuts and color. Fortunately my cuts are good and I don't have to go but once every 12 weeks!

5. I run a high school ice hockey league. That always surprises my artsy friends. Both my kids played ice hockey and I somehow got recruited to run the program for our county's high schools of which there are 12. We have 11 teams and I am responsible for buying the ice, scheduling, tournaments etc. I guess you could say it is my contribution to the local youth since my kids are grown and no longer play. It is the one team sport that I truly love to watch.

6. I love history--particularly anything to do with the Revolutionary War. I've always had a bit of rebel in me, so I find the study of the Revolution to be intriguing.

7. I love the city of Boston and want to live there. I've come to terms with the fact that I am an east coast person. In thinking about retiring at some point, I've been thinking about where I would love to live. I have a set of criteria and several cities fit the criteria perfectly--all east coast cities--DC, Philadelphia and Boston. I was born in the DC area and have lived there all my life, yet when I visit Boston, I feel like I just belong there--it's as if I must have lived there in a former life or something. It actually makes me sad when I leave!

8. I have a weakness for any and all animals. If DH wasn't so opposed to having more animals, I'm sure I would have a real menagerie. That's how I grew up. Any homeless animals somehow ended up at our house. As I get older, I'm finding that reason sets in and I realize that I just can't take care of a menagerie--but if I didn't work, I would!

Okay. I have tagged the following 8 people:
Pheelya, PHD Knitter, FugueStateKnits, Bri, and Gay. I know it's not 8 people, but it was the best I could do on the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment