Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Self Portrait Challenge: Food and Me Week 4


I'm a prissy eater! By that, I mean that I like to eat my food in pieces and/or with a utensil. I've never been one of those people who can pick up a piece of fried chicken or barbequed ribs and tear off the meat with my teeth. I need to cut the meat off the bone. I'm like that with certain fruit as well. I'll eat a banana in one piece, but apples, peaches, nectarines and pears--well, I cut them into manageable pieces. This became easy when I discovered this item:

I have one of these at work and at home. When my kids were little, they called this an "apple flower." That's what they would ask for! An apple flower! I like pear flowers too!

For other Food and Me self portraits, go here!

3 comments:

  1. i love the apple flower. i hate to eat fruit unless it's cut, but i hate to be the one to cut it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my apple cutter!!

    Fun picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way about food - I especially hate eating ribs or chicken from the bone. My husband will tell me to just pick it up and eat it, but I won't, so he cuts it for me!! (I am so pathetic.)

    ReplyDelete