Friday, January 19, 2007

I'm drowning in hats!

I thought I would start out with all my Christmas projects. Hats were a big item on my knitting agenda this season. Unfortunately I didn't photograph some of them! I made two London Beanies using the free pattern I found online. I really like this pattern for its versatility. I made a plain one without stripes for my husband using Patons Merino in the denim blue twist. I got more creative with my son's hat. I knit the hat in black Paton's Merino then duplicate stitched his fraternity (Alpha Phi Omega) letters in white on the front of the hat. There's a neat site with knitting graph paper that you create according to the gauge you are knitting. It makes planning intarsia designs so much simpler. I'm going to do another fraternity hat in royal blue with gold letters but I will knit the letters into the hat this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment