Sunday, December 30, 2018

2018 in review--Costuming

Time to take stock of what I accomplished (or did not accomplish) of my costuming goals for 2018.  LOL
When I look at my post about 2018 costuming goals, I see that I literally didn't accomplish one thing on that list yet I was fairly productive.  Sometimes life throws you curve balls that take you in a different direction.  I took a swerve into World War One and fell down a rabbit hole, choosing a somewhat obscure impression.  Research into that particular impression took quite a bit of time.  I don't regret it one bit.  Since I was already in the year 1918, I figured I'd also visit the late Edwardian era.  Whenever you take on a new era, the underpinnings require quite a bit of time.  I'm a firm believer in wearing the proper undergarments for the year that I'm dressed in.  Thus my completed tasks, while a good number, simply aren't the ones I thought they'd be.  Each project is linked to the blog post with details if there is one.  The last two projects haven't had the blog post completed and the links will be updated when the posts are completed with photo shoots.

Grand total:  3 - 18th century gowns,  3 petticoats, 2 aprons, 3 caps, 1 - market wallet, 1 Regency gown, 1 Regency bonnet, 1 - Edwardian corset, 1 - Edwardian chemise, 1 - Late Edwardian brassiere, 1 - 1 Edwardian suit, 1 - Edwardian shirtwaist, 1 - WWI uniform and hat

1770 Middlin' Gown of Irish Stuff ( including gown, worsted petticoat, fine linen round eared cap)

Edwardian underpinnings:
TVE1913 Corset

Wearing History Chemise

Ageless Patterns 1918 Brassiere

1918 Hello Girls Uniform (skirt, jacket, garrison hat)

Late 1770's working class linen gown, linen dimity petticoat, linen apron and market wallet

1780's Beribboned Silk Gauze Cap from the American Duchess book




1810's Seagrass Poke Bonnet 




Mid 1770's Silk Gauze Dormeuse Cap


1799-1800 Muslin Gown--hope to make several overgowns later.



Mid 1770's Silk Day gown (still in progress: machine quilted silk petticoat, sprigged silk gauze apron, silk gauze neck handkerchief and sleeve ruffles)



So while not as productive as last year, I did get a fair amount done--considering that I began a new costuming era.  Here's to a productive 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment