Monday, February 18, 2008

Self Portrait Challenge: Blue, week 3

The "L" Word. Liberal.

Hello. My name is Vicki and I am a liberal. My conservative friends tell me that there is a 12- step program for me, but I won't be participating as it seems that the rest of the country is starting to see things my way. It's been interesting around these parts over the last 8 years. I live in the Washington DC metropolitan area. DC is blue, Maryland is blue, and Northern Virginia is blue. For us, national politics are local politics. So the poor folks in DC, a jurisdiction with no congressional voting rights, are being told what to do by outsiders whose politics run contrary to their own. Go figure.

MD/VA/DC had our primary elections last Tuesday so I put on my patriotic shirt and went out in an ice storm to cast my vote. My candidate dropped out weeks ago and the one I voted for didn't win, but that's okay. For the first time that I can remember, I've liked all the candidates in my party and I would be pleased with any of them in the White House. The two remaining ones are both extremely intelligent, have a firm grasp of the issues, understand the concerns of the middle and working classes, are against the war and speak with a command of the English language--qualities that have been missing in our current administration.

Come Tuesday November 4, I will be watching the National News hoping that the big map will show that the majority of states are also thinking blue.

For more blue photos, visit the Self Portrait Challenge.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that!! Although Illinois is blue, in my area it seems like everyone is very red. I do think it's hilarious that the "blue" people at work are the top ranking ones, except for the very top (CEO/CFO.) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here here...am i the last one to vote or what? i'm with you i am blue thru and thru.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great connection! I'm with you to blue all the way! Great idea for a spc.

    ReplyDelete