Monday, January 5, 2009

Is it June yet?

I should not be asking that question the first week of January. I typically don't feel that way, but the first day back at school after a break is always tough. First off--I'm totally exhausted! I went to bed before midnight last night which is unusual on a Sunday night. I always stay up too late on Sunday and then start the week tired but I was responsible last night. I have no planning periods on Mondays and Fridays so they are harder to begin with. The kids were out of it. When I would comment on their lack of attention, they would complain of being tired. Well, duh! Teachers are people too! It will get slowly better. I will admit that I am doing the snow dance tonight and tomorrow morning--or should I say, the Wintery Mix dance! I'll take whatever I can get!

No knitting today. I did start off the day being somewhat productive at home--I got a load of laundry in the washer, the dishwasher filled and running and dinner in the crock pot before I left for work. I didn't go in early because I anticipated staying late for a staff meeting. Our meeting was cancelled so that we could take the time to "get back in the groove." Thank goodness!

Bird treated himself to some new ink for graduation and he sent me a photo:


I've always told that boy that Mom is the one girl who will never break his heart! I guess he must agree!

Bushism of the day:
"I think it was in the Rose Garden where I issued this brilliant statement: If I had a magic wand -- but the president doesn't have a magic wand. You just can't say, 'low gas.'" --George W. Bush, Washington D.C., July 15, 2008

Kitty Cam: Ems sent this photo of Mokey. When she got home, he immediately got in one of the bags before she could unpack!

3 comments:

  1. That's sweet about Bird's tattoo.
    You'll get back into the groove soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't that first day back a drag huh? i wanna retire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's still better than I was last year when I was asking that question the first time I saw the Crazy Lady in August!! :)

    What a cute picture of Mookie!!

    ReplyDelete