Sunday, November 2, 2008

Another FO

I finally finished my peasant blouse. In my usual manner, I took longer than necessary as I made the entire blouse using French seams. The pattern instructs you to use French seams on the sleeve flounce since the seams might show. I like the insides of my garments to be finished and raglan sleeves lend themselves to being sewn with French seams.

Here is the finished blouse:



Here are some details:



Pattern: New Look 6678, Size 10

Fabric: Vintage embroidered cotton given to me by a friend
Buttons: Mother of Pearl
Modifications: I made the body of View A which had a low Neckline and I made the sleeve to View D. View D had a higher neckline so I had to redraft the sleeve pattern at the top as it is a raglan sleeve. Because I didn't have enough facing, I also used solid white fabric as the neckband facing. I reduced the fullness in the sleeve by a little over a half an inch. This is because the sleeve piece was a little too wide to fit on half the width of the fabric which was only 36 inches wide.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well this blouse fit. The low neckline may be a tiny bit too low to wear to work, so I will wear a nude camisole under it for work. I really like this pattern and may eventually make a summer version--perhaps View C which has the lacing on the side front. I think that would look cute in an eyelet.

I hope to cut out my next project tomorrow night. I am also casting on for Silken Scabbard. I swatched it and my gauge is right on!

Now that it's November, I start thinking about the holidays. We are scaling way back on the gifts this year. I think DH and I may choose a joint gift--something that we both want and just get that. We are at the point in our lives where we just don't need stuff. It certainly makes shopping easier!

Here's one more Halloween photo that I actually stumbled upon:

Funny--Someone sure has good pumpkin carving skills!

Bushism of the day:
"We're fixing to go down to Galveston and obviously are going to see a devastated part of this fantastic state." --George W. Bush, Houston, Sept. 16, 2008

Kitty Cam: The two big lugs compete for space next to Mom on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment