Friday, July 10, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes! Family Edition

Well it's been a long time comin'.  I've let the blog go for soooooo long.  I've decided to revive it as a way of giving details to things --be they events or projects--that I just can't do on Facebook.  I'll be posting things from the past along with current events and projects!

Since my last post, we've experienced a major life event.  We became in-laws!  Jeremy got married on October 5, 2013.  He and new daughter-in-law Denise proved that you can have a classy wedding on a shoestring budget by doing so much of it themselves.  I was really proud of them.   It was definitely a Pinterest wedding!

Denise made all of the table decorations and place cards.    She collects milk glass so she used milk glass containers for the flowers.


The only thing I made were the chocolate covered Oreo table favors and we supplied the expected Pittsburgh cookie trays! 

Denise's cousin, who was also the matron of honor, made red velvet cupcakes decorated like roses and placed in milk glass vases.  

Ems made the bouquet as a wedding gift.  It was made out of sheet music and used a Dr. Who sonic screwdriver as the handle.  Denise is a big Dr. Who fan!
The wedding was at an old estate that is owned by the park service.  Jeremy and Denise hired the caterer, rented the table linens and called in friends to bar tend and dj!  It was beautiful and a lot of fun!  Here are a few more pics!






As much of this space is dedicated to my projects, of course there was sewing involved.  My dress was made using Vogue 8814 view B.  I made a muslin as it had some oddly shaped pieces and I wasn't sure how my usual alterations--enlarging the hips--would work.  As usual, it fit fine.  It's made of silk jacquard from Thai Silks in CA--one of my favorite sources.  I love this dress but it poses some lingerie issues!  I topped it with a shrug from an out-of-print Vogue pattern using some Oscar de la Renta hammered silk charmeuse.  I use the shrug with a lot of other evening wear.  



That's it for now.  I'll catch up on more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment