Sunday, July 5, 2009

SP14 Questionnaire

Here is my Secret Pal 14 Questionnaire:


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?
My absolute favorite yarn is merino wool and silk blend yarn. I love natural fibers--preferably animal fibers. I do like cotton if it is soft or a blend. Cotton and microfiber is nice. I tend to use sport or heavier weights and seem to use DK and worsted the most. I do not care for acrylic or novelty yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a shaker box for my Addi circs and straight needles. My double points are stored in wine boxes. My KnitPicks options are in the binder that they came in.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since I was 9 years old when my mother taught me. I'm over 50 so you can do the math! ;-)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wish list. You can find the link on the sidebar of my blog.

5. What’s your favorite scent?
I like subtle spicy scents like apple cinnamon or vanilla and my favorite is lemon or other citrus.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I don't care for really sweet stuff. I do love dark chocolate --particularly with nuts, fruit or coffee in it!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love to sew and design clothes. I also do metalwork and make jewelry. I enjoy gardening as well. I do not spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have eclectic taste in music. I like pretty much everything--classic rock, alternative, punk, ska, showtunes, folk, country, hip hop, jazz, rhythm and blues etc. The only thing I don't care for is rap or really screamy stuff!

9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I like earthy colors like orange, rust, brown, gold, tan, olive green, forest green. I love turquoise, teal, dark purple and bright red as well. For summer, I like lighter versions of those colors. I do not ever wear pink, gray, navy, maroon or white--I just don't like those colors for me--but will use them for gifts for other people.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am an empty nester with 2 kids in their 20's. I have 4 cats (hence the Crazy Cat Lady moniker) and a turtle!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, gloves, fingerless gloves--occasionally I wear mittens and hats. I don't wear ponchos, but I do like wraps and shawls.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
My favorite thing to knit is top down sweaters. I also like to knit hats, gloves and scarves.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I am knitting the Botanica Medallion Cardigan, Sylvi, Breakfast at Cafe du Monde Gloves, and I'm finishing up the Musica Fingerless Gloves.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Absolutely! Doesn't everyone?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like circular needles. I like the slick metal ones like Addi Turbos or Knit Picks Options. I also like short double pointed needles. When using straights, I prefer shorter ones in slick wood like ebony or Knit Picks Harmony.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
More than a couple of years. Plus I have a couple of sweaters that I've never seamed together.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
Christmas is the winter holiday I observe and it is also my favorite!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I have a number of collections. I like cat, Scotty dog and music related items. I collect vintage or handmade buttons, vintage sewing notions and vintage Patriotic memorabilia. I also collect vintage crocheted pot holders--particularly the ones that look like little dresses. I have those hanging on my kitchen wall!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I am dying to try some of the exotic fibers like yak. I would also like to try some bamboo blends. I do not subscribe to any knitting magazines. I let my IK subscription lapse.

21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Hairpin lace. I've seen some lovely patterns by Stitch Diva in that technique which I would like to try at some point.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I do not knit socks though I have some nice sock yarn in my stash. Perhaps one day I'll give it a try. I wear a size 7 1/2 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?
April 8

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
I am on Ravelry and I'm known as kozykitty.

1 comment:

  1. I know you've been wondering if your Secret Pal experience was going to be a bust this time around. All I can say is that, after a TREMENDOUS amount of mis-communication, your name is mine, and the festivities will now begin!!!

    SP14

    ReplyDelete