Sunday, December 22, 2019

2019 A Year in Costuming Review



It's that time of year when I take stock of the sewing accomplishments for the year.  I always get a kick out of how much I accomplish but how much of it is not on the list of things I actually planned to do. LOL.  I often end up planning for an event that came up and make things based on research I'm doing so those things I planned to do and didn't get done will have to wait!

This year I invested a lot of time and research into accessories.  Make no mistake--some accessories take every bit as long as a basic gown.  I love doing all the fiddly little sewing on accessories and I love that a good accessories closet means that you can give multiple looks to one gown.

So here's the round up.
#1-- 1950s Bolero.  I bought the dress from the Modern Mantua Maker and decided that it needed a little jacket or something.  I had an existing vintage 50s dress with a bolero so I patterned this one off that the vintage one.

#2--Black silk hat copied from a 1772 portrait

#3-- French drawers to wear with my Edwardian chemise and corset

#4--Edwardian princess slip

#5-- 1912 Edwardian tea gown and hat

#6 -- organdy lappet cap copied from portrait of Sarah Livingston Alexander (Lady Stirling)

#7-- 1760s wool sateen mourning gown / petticoat

#8 -- Chintz sacque

#9 / #10 -- Indienne Italian gown with ruffled linen petticoat and parasol which was made to fit an old Edwardian frame

#11/ #12 / #13 -- voile half bodiced petticoat,  Indienne 1790s overgown, 1790s hat

#14 Indienne summer spencer and decorated bonnet

#15 -- French hat copied from 1778 fashion plate

#16--1810s ball gown made from antique silk sari

#17 -- silk lined lambskin mitts

#18 -- Silk gauze fancy neck handkerchief--copied from portrait of Mrs. William Coffin by Copley

#19 -- burgundy ribbed silk ruffled petticoat


#20 --another organdy lappet cap shown with inspiration images

#21 -- organdy Dormeuse cap with shown with inspiration images

#22 / #23 -- black silk velvet hood  and black silk lined lambskin mitts (shown with muff that got an upgrade)

#24 -- Black silk taffeta hood


No comments:

Post a Comment